Monday 18 and Tuesday 19 July – Speed restrictions due to hot weather
The impact of hot weather
Hot weather has an impact on the railways, and with extreme temperatures forecasted next week, speed restrictions (during peak temperature days) will be implemented across the whole rail network for a number of safety reasons. This includes (but not limited to) Monday 18 and Tuesday 19 July.
As these days present the highest temperatures forecasted, there will be a temporary-amended timetable across sections of our network. Work is currently ongoing with Network Rail to establish the level of service that we will be able to run.
We aim to have our timetable information as soon as possible, but in the meantime you can view the overview online today.
If you’re travelling during this time:
- Plan ahead – please allow extra time for your journey, as journeys are likely to take longer than usual.
- Check before you travel – changes to services will be in place. Please check our confirmed timetable information online.
- Stay hydrated – the weather is likely to be very hot early next week. If you are travelling, please ensure you bring a bottle of water with you to keep you hydrated and cool.
- If you are subject to delays of more than 15 minutes, you may be entitled to compensation through Delay Repay.
- Book assistance – if you require assistance with your journey, please book in advance if possible.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this will cause. Thank you for your patience.